Altered Vinyl Record – 3Quarter Designs

Hey there my creative lovelies!!! So I can finally announce that I have been ask to join the 3Quarter Designs Team!!!! I am super excited about joining this team and can’t wait to share my first DT project with you.

70610931_1427141400766670_3371412837594300416_o

I used Christmas Day Collection for my project and can I just say for someone who doesn’t usually do Christmas projects I had so much fun with this range. Soo…. my project is an altered vinyl record that I bought at a market recently.

Altered Vinyl Record by Farrel Tailor

Christmas Day Altered Vinyl Record by Farrel Tailor

Thanks for dropping by and I look forward to sharing my next project with you all soon

Farrel xx

Check out the stock

The Best Thing to Hold Mixed Media layout for TCW

Hello there everyone!! Today is my turn on The Crafter’s Workshop bog, and I am sharing a mixed media layout I created to teach on a crafting cruise I recently just got home from. So let me show you how I created this layout.

To begin with I lightly coated my patterned cardstock with TCW9011 Gel Medium Matte and once dried I then applied TCW9001 White Gesso in a diamond shape using my spatula. Then I stamped a text stamp using versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.

Next I used Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magicals – Industrial Chic to add colour to my background. I used a small paint brush and water for this which I find gives me more control.

Next I used TCW202s Harlequin stencil with Ranger Crackle Medium. I used a heat tool to dry and the added some stamping using black archival ink. I also added some splattering to the background using water and white gesso.

Using the same 3 colours above, I smoosh 4 cards that I cut from the some pattern cardstock into the magicals. This creates a grungy type feel. I then distress the edges and create a photo mount cluster for my photo.

Next I applied TCW9001 White Gesso to the paper straws and Dusty Attic Chipboard. I then painted the chipboard with TCW9013 Iridescent Gold Heavy Body Acrylic Paint. I also used this paint to splatter the background and to paint onto the back of the Prima Melange Art Pebbles.

For the paper straws, I painted the Steampunk Sepia magical onto it and then cut to size. I also added the left over magical mix to the flowers. Then I adhered all the layers onto the cardstock and added some beads to finish off the layout.

Here are some close ups of the layout.

Thanks for stopping by and I will be back soon with another project

Farrel xx