Hanging Out Layout – Dusty Attic

Hey there everyone, today I am up on the Dusty Attic blog with a layout I created of my 3 boys playing video games. As a mumma to a 15yr old boy, I find it very difficult to capture any photos of my oldest and the only way I can get it is if he doesn’t know I’m taking photos sooooo I was in stealth mode when I captured this photo. And extra bonus…. all the boys are together.

Hanging out by Farrel Tailor

The background cardstock is from 7 Dots Studio – Paint Chips range and stamped randomly using Tim Holtz Reflections stamp set and black archival ink.

I used PaperArtsy Fresco Chalk Acrylic Paint in Inky Pool to colour the stars and title chipboard. I inked the edges with black archival ink and then used watered down white and black gesso to splatter all over. I also used Lindy’s Magical Shakers to colour some white cardstock, I stamped randomly and then adhere to the back of the stars.

Dusty Attic Layout by Farrel Tailor

I painted the Broken Bits Number pieces with white gesso and then sanded the edges. I also painted the back of my light bulb with some gold paint. For the underground network large chipboard, I trimmed it down and painted with black gesso. I then used Liquid Pearls to create the look of a circuit board as the photo is all about gaming.

Hanging Out layout by Farrel Tailor

Dusty Attic Products

Underground Network Large (image coming soon), Broken Bits #1 Numbers, Get Framed – Stars and Word Pack #37

Thanks dropping in and happy creating xx

Farrel Tailor

 

Altered Coffin for Dusty Attic

Happy Halloween Everyone!!! Today I am sharing my Altered Coffin for Dusty Attic. I’m not sure about you, but when I get an idea in my head I need to get it to paper asap otherwise it does my head in lol. So I got my amazing husband to cut for me from MDF board, I have wanted to do a project like this for a few years now and I am so happy with how it turned out.

Altered Coffin by Farrel Tailor

To start with I applied white gesso to the board and then added my stenciling using Stamperia crackle paste. I then added some stamping to the background using black archival ink.

Altered Coffin for Dusty Attic by Farrel Tailor

I applied gesso to all my chipboard pieces and adhered them to the board. I used stone effect paste on the skull to give some texture.

Halloween Dusty Attic by Farrel Tailor

I painted the whole board using Prima Liquid Acrylic paint and once dry I then applied Deco Art Antiquing Cream in Raw Umber. Then used a baby wipe to pull some of the colour back. I then used Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical Shakers in Black Forest Black to highlight areas.

Halloween coffin by Farrel Tailor

To finish off the board I added some stamping to the Spider and bat

Halloween Dusty Attic by Farrel Tailor

Dusty Attic Products

Roman Numerals, Industrial Chains, Bats 8pk, Cogs Frame Set, Skull & Crossbone, Spiders #2, Spiders & Web Set, Tombstones

I hope you enjoyed my spooktacular coffin and Happy Halloween Everyone xx

Farrel Tailor

See Possibility Art Journal Page – Helmar

Wow can you believe it is already August?!!! Today I am up on the Helmar blog with an art journal page. I had the theme of underwater and have been dying to use the Dylusions Plenty of Fish in the Sea stamp set so I thought this theme was perfect!!!

See Possibility Everywhere by Farrel Tailor

To start the page I blended Distress Oxides Iced Spruce, Broken China and Faded Jeans using my blending tool and then spritz some water. I then used a paper towel to light dab off the water.

Distress oxides - FTailor

To seal the page so that I can apply other mediums, I sprayed Helmar Crystal Kote Fixative spray.

Helmar Crystal Kote Fixative - FTailor

I wanted to add something else to create that underwater feel. So I added some Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical Shakers in Time Travel Teal and Guten Tag Teal.

LSG magicals - FTailor

I use a heat gun to dry and then put aside. Next I used my stamp platform to stamp some images from my Dylusions stamp set Plenty of Fish in the Sea. I then used my alcohol markers to colour them in.

Dylusions stamp and alcohol markers - FTailor

I added some stamping to the background of my page using Distress Paints – Broken China, Picket Fence and Spiced Marmalade. I used a Finnabair stamp set Net and Wire and a Dylusions stamp set Basically Square. I then used Black Gesso to create my page border and added some final touches using Uni Posca Pens.

Uniposca Pens - FTailor

Next I used my Dylusions Art Journal Block and Dylusions Small Leaf stamp to add some sea plants along the bottom of my page.

small leaf stamp - FTailor

To adhere my sea creatures I used Helmar Craft Glue.

Helmar craft glue - FTailor

To finish off the page I then added my title using some Tim Holtz stickers and then gave one last spray using the Helmar Crystal Kote Fixative spray.

If you would like to see my process video please click on the video below. Thanks for dropping xx

DT Footer