Be Happy Layout for Dusty Attic

Hello there my creative friends!!! It’s that time again for another DT post for The Dusty Attic and today I get to share a layout I created as a class on a crafting cruise I was on a few months ago.

Be Happy Layout by Farrel Tailor

The papers I used are Dear Diary by Mintay and the flowers are from Prima Marketing Inc. The flowers I used Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magicals – Totally 80’s. I stamped the background using a prima text stamp.

Be Happy Dusty Attic Layout

I covered the clock, butterfly, script, doily and “sweet memories” with white gesso and then used the Totally 80’s magical to add colour. For the leaves, roman numerals and “Be Happy” chipboard, I left them raw and applied the magical directly onto them. I loved how the sparkle of the magical just intensified doing it this way.

Dusty Attic layout by Farrel Tailor

I inked around the edges of the clock face with Black Soot ink and added some splatters using the magicals.

Dusty Attic Products

Skeleton Clock Faces Large

Skeleton_Clock_Faces_DA0430__79948_zoom

Roman Numerals

Roman_numerals__05924_zoom

Monarch Butterflies

02005930_3789042__57442_std

Creative Script

creative_script__76470_zoom

Doily #2

doily_2__42725_zoom

Foliage #8

foliage_8__66475_zoom

Word Disc #1

word_disks__70138_zoom

Wordpl@y #3

wordpl@y3__45779_zoom

Thanks for coming by xx

Farrel Tailor

The Best Thing to Hold Mixed Media layout for TCW

Hello there everyone!! Today is my turn on The Crafter’s Workshop bog, and I am sharing a mixed media layout I created to teach on a crafting cruise I recently just got home from. So let me show you how I created this layout.

To begin with I lightly coated my patterned cardstock with TCW9011 Gel Medium Matte and once dried I then applied TCW9001 White Gesso in a diamond shape using my spatula. Then I stamped a text stamp using versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.

Next I used Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magicals – Industrial Chic to add colour to my background. I used a small paint brush and water for this which I find gives me more control.

Next I used TCW202s Harlequin stencil with Ranger Crackle Medium. I used a heat tool to dry and the added some stamping using black archival ink. I also added some splattering to the background using water and white gesso.

Using the same 3 colours above, I smoosh 4 cards that I cut from the some pattern cardstock into the magicals. This creates a grungy type feel. I then distress the edges and create a photo mount cluster for my photo.

Next I applied TCW9001 White Gesso to the paper straws and Dusty Attic Chipboard. I then painted the chipboard with TCW9013 Iridescent Gold Heavy Body Acrylic Paint. I also used this paint to splatter the background and to paint onto the back of the Prima Melange Art Pebbles.

For the paper straws, I painted the Steampunk Sepia magical onto it and then cut to size. I also added the left over magical mix to the flowers. Then I adhered all the layers onto the cardstock and added some beads to finish off the layout.

Here are some close ups of the layout.

Thanks for stopping by and I will be back soon with another project

Farrel xx