Happy Halloween Everyone!!! Today I am sharing my Altered Coffin for Dusty Attic. I’m not sure about you, but when I get an idea in my head I need to get it to paper asap otherwise it does my head in lol. So I got my amazing husband to cut for me from MDF board, I have wanted to do a project like this for a few years now and I am so happy with how it turned out.
To start with I applied white gesso to the board and then added my stenciling using Stamperia crackle paste. I then added some stamping to the background using black archival ink.
I applied gesso to all my chipboard pieces and adhered them to the board. I used stone effect paste on the skull to give some texture.
I painted the whole board using Prima Liquid Acrylic paint and once dry I then applied Deco Art Antiquing Cream in Raw Umber. Then used a baby wipe to pull some of the colour back. I then used Lindy’s Stamp Gang Magical Shakers in Black Forest Black to highlight areas.
To finish off the board I added some stamping to the Spider and bat
Dusty Attic Products
I hope you enjoyed my spooktacular coffin and Happy Halloween Everyone xx